Welcome to another installment of Fashion Feature Friday, where I show you how to style your crochet accessories for everyday or special occasions. Discover unique outfit ideas, plus get access to the free crochet pattern so you can make one too!
How to pair crochet scarves with outfits year-round
Since this scarf is such a unique piece, and each of you will have a different result, I want to emphasize that keeping your outfit top and bottom limited to solid colors instead of busy patterns will prevent any distraction from the colorful details the scarf contains.
Want to make your own Art ‘n Soul Scrappy Scarf? <–click on the link to go to the free crochet pattern
Styling crochet scarves for spring
The Art ‘n Soul Scrappy Scarf was meant to be a late summer/early fall piece but there’s nothing that says you can’t add it to your spring wardrobe–especially if you picked cheery colors!
- Stick with neutrals for your pants, skirt, sweater, or jacket so as not to conflict with the colors of the scarf.
- Add fun pops of color that compliment your scarf via your shoes, or blouse.
- Use small amounts of texture either in your blouse or jacket to add additional interest if you wish.
- Paint your nails to match, or keep them neutral–it’s up to you!
Wearing a crochet scarf in Summer
Scarves in summer? Why not!
- Try wearing it as a belt or sash on a skirt instead
- Cool evenings? Bring your scarf along and hang it over your neck and shoulders–but don’t wrap it all the way around you
- Find an obscure color that you love in the scarf and wear shoes to match and enhance it
Pairing a scarf with your fall and winter outfits
Fall and winter are the perfect time to wear this scarf, and you can mix/match, and adjust any of the ideas described above to fit a cold weather look.
- If your scarf has fall colors in it, now is the time to wear them! Celebrate those golds, reds, purples, and rusts!
- Texture can really enhance the look of this scarf so feel free to layer other fabrics in, as I did in the picture above
- Darker neutrals, a jean, or leather jacket on top over a lighter blouse can create the perfect backdrop to let this scarf shine (and keep you cozy).
If you want more ideas for scarves to make and wear year round, here are several to try:
Spring/Summer Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Simply Lace Scarf – if you are just starting out crocheting lace
- Shabby chic lace scarf – this stitch has cute flowers in it
Fall/Winter Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Snowberries Winter Scarf – the texture on this is beautiful
- November Twilight Scarf – features a big fluffy pom-pom on each end
- La Vie en Rose Scarf – simple but lovely
I hope that you enjoyed this feature! If you have, and want to see more, or if you have a crochet fashion accessory of mine you’d like me to feature outfits for in a future post, please leave a comment, or share your own crochet accessory-inspired outfit ideas in my Facebook group! Happy styling!
If you found this guide helpful please consider sharing a link with your friends. Together we help each other.
JOIN ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you need some extra encouragement related to crochet in your week, you can sign up for my newsletter over here.